Thursday, February 5, 2009

my desert

I had a dream last night. I'm not sure what it means. Here it is...

I'm walking towards a destination that I cant see. I'm not ever really sure of the destination, only that I have to get there. I'm in the desert and its night time. It is very hot and my mouth is so dry that I am having trouble breathing. It feels like I have been on this journey forever, and there isn't an end in sight. There is no rest, no shelter, no water that I am aware of. I see no signs of life. And I'm asking myself why I am out here. And then I remember that I am on a journey and this is the way. But I cant remember how I know this is the way or where I'm going. So I continue...walking into nowhere...thirsty...

I awoke from my dream feeling a sense of hopelessness. Was there no point to my journey? I cant shake the dream. I have been thinking about it off and on today. Maybe there is no meaning in it. Maybe I need stop watching sci-fi. Or maybe Gods trying to speak to me.

1 comment:

Berg & Fries said...

dreams are fickle things.. who can really say where yours came from. But I do think it has some part of your Jesus journey attached to it. I mean, we really don't know specifically where are destinations are. Sometimes it's just a matter of knowing with this deep sense inside of you that you need to be headed towards it. Whatever 'it' is. And that even though that journey may sometimes seem like you are alone or that there are too many hardships for that to be the right way... that may jsut be what we need. We have to face those hardships to really fall in love with the destination.
or... it could of just been late night pizza